Wednesday, November 13, 2013

An A-Z of my tracks

The ordeal of scanning a million and one old-style photographs to make them available for this blog has meant I never quite got it off the ground.

Nor did I  forget it, hower.  I yearn to tell these stories.  Yearn, people. So I am shamelessly stealing an idea I saw on another blog - cassmob's Tropical Territory & Travel - to kick it off.  An A-Z of my tracks so far in life, a vehicle to explore what these place have meant to me personally, and their significance to the world of archaeology.

So journey with me - not just through the alphabet, but through South America, and Europe, and of course, my home country, Australia.

And tomorrow, the letter A will bring such delights as Amazonia,  Alcantara, and Arequipa.

Leaving Belem, Para, Brazil, 1999.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the million and one photos ;-) While I'm happy to have inspired you to take on writing your stories of where you've been and seen, I need to acknowledge that the idea is not mine. It came from this blog link http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/what-is-blogging-from-to-z.html

    I do hope you write up those stories, whether by end of year or later, as I'm sure that you'll enjoy the journey, as will all those on the voyage with you.

    Pauleen (cassmob)

    ReplyDelete